On Monday 24 April the Club will host a pop up event by Leicester Wheels for All. Come down to Evington Park at 6 o’clock to see a selection of all-ability adapted cycles. This is part of an initiative in the Club’s contribution to the Council’s activity agenda. North Evington Councillors granted £500 to the club for a range of activities that play into the Council’s initiatives around Public Health ( for increasing activity levels) and Choose How You Move . We are using the award to:
- Increase the range of cycles available to the club
- Enable members to begin managing their cycles with training in basic care
- Plan increased storage to accommodate extra equipment
- Increase the capacity of EBC to manage and publicise its activities through special events and encouraging people with different needs to cycle and increase their activity levels.
- A visit by residents of North Evington to the fabulous new Leicester Cycle Circuit at New College.
Another Date for your diary – On 8 May we are teaming up with b.buddies a group based in Barrow that specialises in providing balance bikes for young children. The session starts at 17:30 – please book early to avoid disappointment. There will be eight balance bikes for use that evening. Evington Bicycle Club is providing this opportunity at no charge to our members. Young children will love it! .
You can keep up to date with Evington Bicycle Club on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
See: https://www.facebook.com/EvingtonBicycleClub/ or https://twitter.com/EvingtonCl. You can also contact EBC Secretary Helen Pettman 0116 2204525 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.