EVINGTON VILLAGE’S HERITAGE RECOGNISED
In 1936 the civil parish of Evington was dissolved and most of it was absorbed into Leicester. At last its status as a village with a distinct heritage is to be re-established.
At a recent community meeting it was stated that Evington village would be officially recognized.
This will be indicated by sign posting, banners displayed on the street lampposts on Main Street, and within the area. It is also anticipated that story-boards which give details about the heritage of certain buildings would be erected.
Costs for this welcome, new and exciting initiative to promote the identity of Evington Village will be met from the central budget.
The Evington Echo intends keep readers informed of progress as details emerge.