Background to Friends of Evington;
The aims of the Friends of Evington is to promote community capacity building, sustainable development, care of the environment and supporting communities that are socially and/or economically disadvantaged.
The Friends of Evington acts as an umbrella body for projects that meet our aims and objectives. These include Evington Echo. Evington in Bloom. Evington Park House Neighbourhood Centre. Evington Bicycle Club.
Purpose of the Policy:
The purpose of this policy is to control the impact of our work on the local environment. To ensure partner organisation and the local community understand our commitment to improve the environment and to encourage others to use high standards of environmental management.
We will care for the environment by:
- use renewable, recycled and recyclable products wherever possible;
- not use peat in any planting schemes and where-ever possible purchase plants that are grown in peat free composts;
- only use timber that is obtained from sustainable sources;
- minimise waste production, and where waste is created ensure it is disposed of in compliance with the relevant environmental legislation; re-use materials on site where practical and use composting techniques;
- prevent or minimise air, water and land pollution;
- minimise the use of chemicals;
- use local suppliers where practical.
This policy will apply to all aspects of the organisation’s activities including all projects and will be promoted to our partners and contracted organisations.
Author: Helen Pettman and Liz Wilson (v 1.0 3 Sept. 14)
Date agreed by trustees: