JOINING A WARD-BASED TEAM
- All mutual aid groups are organised at ward level.
- To find the ward you are in or closest to you, check out the topic ‘Ward-basedteams’, which is regularly updated. Or follow this link:https://www.facebook.com/groups/289960355307518/post_tags/?post_tag_id=29 1894545114099
- If you don’t know which ward you are in,check here:https://www.leicester.gov.uk/your-council/councillors-and-wards/your-ward/
- If you see your ward listed, you can either join their WhatsApp group or access their Facebook page to contact ward leads directly to offer your time.
- Ward-based teams are primarily located in the city of Leicester but we also include surrounding areas like Oadby and Aylestone village.
- If there is not a ward-based team in your area, get in touch as there are often other organisations providing assistance and may want volunteers. We can signpost you to them.
Further useful information for you on the Facebook page.
- There is a ‘Popular Topics in Post’called ‘Volunteer information’.
- On this page you can access a document entitled ‘C-19 Leicester Mutual Aidvolunteer guidance’.
- This document outlines advice to keep you safe as a volunteer and those who you are assisting. It also outlines some key information on safeguarding and GDPR issues.
- Please read this document thoroughly!
Other ‘Popular Topics in Post’ you may find useful are‘Links with other